About Tovnah Khmer Online Dictionaries (KOD)
KOD has three types of Khmer dictionary (Khmer-Khmer, Khmer-English, and English-Khmer).
It has a full text search capability that allows you to search for words in the definition of the entire dictionaries.
- Full text search using word segmented data.
- Partial match of Chuon Nath word list using the RegExp Search.
- Prefix search for words that start with specific letters.
- Auto-suggestion of mispelled word with "Did you mean ___?"
- Auto Complete: as you type in the search box, it displays suggested words from the keywords.
- Contain other translations such as glossaries, Khmer proverb, and other topics with pictures.
See new features/releases >>
The original dictionary data came from the following sources:
- Khmer-Khmer Dictionary (Chuon Nath, 1967) Version 2 by Buddhist Institute of Cambodia
- has 18,947 entries with 17,664 head words. (each word may have multiple entries/definitions).
Total word count in the dictionary: 1,312,732. See top most frequently used words. (Download information)
- English-Khmer Dictionary : Babiloo Open Source Project
- has 32,997 entries.
- Khmer-English Dictionary (Headley, 1997): SEAlang Library Khmer
- captured 23,967 head word.
- captured 33,543 sub-entries (word/phrase that contains the head word).
- Drupal Khmer Translation -- See Drupal
- has 3,594 entries. (Browse >>)
- Joomla Khmer Translation -- See Joomla
- has 918 entries. (Browse >>)
- English-Khmer Glossary -- Open Institute (Khmer Software Initiative)
- has 2,581 entries. (Browse >>)
- Khmer Proverb and Translation -- សុភាសិត និង ពាក្យស្លោក (ខ្មែរ - អន្តរជាតិ) ដោយ គុជ ច័ន្ទលី
- has 479 entries with a total of 1,437 proverbs and translations. (Browse >>)
- converted the original text from Khmer legacy font to Unicode using Khmer Converter 1.5.
- custom word segmentation using a dictionary-based algorithm to allow indexing for full text search.
- Khmer Proverb Translation by Khmer Institute (http://www.khmerinstitute.org)
- has 300 entries. (Browse >>)
- Khmer text was re-typed using Khmer Unicode for searching capabilities.
- Notes: Primary authors: Sody Lay, Visna Sann, Vathany Say -- see authors' introduction for detail.
- Civil Code 2007 Glossary -- (215 entries) (Browse >>)